God Knew Thee Before Forming Thee in thy Womb

Jeremias 1:5 Before I formed thee in the bowels of thy mother, I knew thee: and before thou camest forth out of the womb, I sanctified thee, and made thee a prophet unto the nations.

Genesis 49:25 The God of thy father shall be thy helper, and the Almighty shall bless thee with the blessings of heaven above, with the blessings of the deep that lieth beneath, with the blessings of the breasts and of the womb.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Womb in Holy Scripture

The Womb: the Blessing of Mothers

Dedicated to my mom friends :)
Taken from the Douay Rheims Bible

Genesis 20
18 For the Lord had closed up every womb of the house of Abimelech on account of Sara, Abraham's wife.

Genesis 25
22 But the children struggled in her womb: and she said: If it were to be so with me, what need was there to conceive? And she went to consult the Lord.

Genesis 25
23 And he answering said: Two nations are in thy womb, and two peoples shall be divided out of thy womb, and one people shall overcome the other, and the elder shall serve the younger.

Genesis 25
24 And when her time was come to be delivered, behold twins were found in her womb.

Genesis 29
31 And the Lord seeing that he despised Lia, opened her womb, but her sister remained barren.

Genesis 30
2 And Jacob being angry with her, answered: Am I as God, who hath deprived thee of the fruit of thy womb?

Genesis 30
22 The Lord also remembering Rachel, heard her, and opened her womb.

Genesis 38
27 And when she was ready to be brought to bed, there appeared twins in her womb: and in the very delivery of the infants, one put forth a hand, whereon the midwife tied a scarlet thread, saying:

Genesis 49
25 The God of thy father shall be thy helper, and the Almighty shall bless thee with the blessings of heaven above, with the blessings of the deep that lieth beneath, with the blessings of the breasts and of the womb.

Exodus 13
2 Sanctify unto me every firstborn that openeth the womb among the children of Israel, as well of men as of beasts: for they are all mine.

Exodus 13
12 Thou shalt set apart all that openeth the womb for the Lord, and all that is first brought forth of thy cattle: whatsoever thou shalt have of the male sex, thou shalt consecrate to the Lord.

Exodus 13
15 For when Pharao was hardened, and would not let us go, the Lord slew every firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of man to the firstborn of beasts: therefore I sacrifice to the Lord all that openeth the womb of the male sex, and all the firstborn of my sons I redeem.

Exodus 34
19 All of the male kind, that openeth the womb, shall be mine. Of all beasts, both of oxen and of sheep, it shall be mine.

Numbers 3
12 I have taken the Levites from the children of Israel, for every firstborn that openeth the womb among the children of Israel, and the Levites shall be mine.

Numbers 5
22 Let the cursed waters enter into thy belly, and may thy womb swell and thy thigh rot. And the woman shall answer, Amen, amen.

Numbers 8
16 I have taken them instead of the firstborn that open every womb in Israel,

Numbers 12
12 Let her not be as one dead, and as an abortive that is cast forth from the mother's womb. Lo, now one half of her flesh is consumed with the leprosy.

Deuteronomy 7
13 And he will love thee and multiply thee, and will bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy vintage, thy oil, and thy herds, and the flocks of thy sheep upon the land, for which he swore to thy fathers that he would give it thee.

Deuteronomy 28
4 Blessed shall be the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the droves of thy herds, and the folds of thy sheep.

Deuteronomy 28
11 The Lord will make thee abound with all goods, with the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy cattle, with the fruit of thy land, which the Lord swore to thy fathers that he would give thee.

Deuteronomy 28
18 Cursed shall be the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy ground, the herds of thy oxen, and the flocks of thy sheep.

Deuteronomy 28
53 And thou shalt eat the fruit of thy womb, and the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters, which the Lord thy God shall give thee, in the distress and extremity wherewith thy enemy shall oppress thee.

Deuteronomy 30
9 And the Lord thy God will make thee abound in all the works of thy hands, in the fruit of thy womb, and in the fruit of thy cattle, in the fruitfulness of thy land, and in the plenty of all things. For the Lord will return to rejoice over thee in all good things, as he rejoiced in thy fathers:

Judges 13
5 Because thou shalt conceive and bear a son, and no razor shall touch his head: for he shall be a Nazarite of God, from his infancy, and from his mother's womb, and he shall begin to deliver Israel from the hands of the Philistines.

Judges 13
7 But he answered thus: Behold thou shalt conceive and bear a son: beware thou drink no wine, nor strong drink, nor eat any unclean thing: for the child shall be a Nazarite of God from his infancy, from his mother's womb until the day of his death.

Judges 16
17 Then opening the truth of the thing, he said to her: The razor hath never come upon my head, for I am a Nazarite, that is to say, consecrated to God from my mother's womb: if my head be shaven, my strength shall depart from me, and I shall become weak, and shall be like other men.

Ruth 1
11 But she answered them: Return, my daughters: why come ye with me? have I any more sons in my womb, that you may hope for husbands of me?

1 Kings 1
5 But to Anna he gave one portion with sorrow, because he loved Anna. And the Lord had shut up her womb.

1 Kings 1
6 Her rival also afflicted her, and troubled her exceedingly, insomuch that she upbraided her, that the Lord had shut up her womb:

4 Kings 4
16 He said to her: At this time, and this same hour, if life accompany, thou shalt have a son in thy womb. But she answered: Do not, I beseech thee, my lord, thou man of God, do not lie to thy handmaid.

Tobias 4
4 For thou must be mindful what and how great perils she suffered for thee in her womb.

Job 1
21 And said: Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away: as it hath pleased the Lord so is it done: blessed be the name of the Lord.

Job 3
10 Because it shut not up the doors of the womb that bore me, nor took away evils from my eyes.

Job 3
11 Why did I not die in the womb, why did I not perish when I came out of the belly?

Job 10
18 Why didst thou bring me forth out of the womb: O that I had been consumed that eye might not see me!

Job 10
19 I should have been as if I had not been, carried from the womb to the grave.

Job 15
35 He hath conceived sorrow, and hath brought forth iniquity, and his womb prepareth deceits.

Job 19
17 My wife hath abhorred my breath, and I entreated the children of my womb.

Job 31
15 Did not he that made me in the womb make him also: and did not one and the same form me in the womb?

Job 31
18 (For from my infancy mercy grew up with me: and it came out with me from my mother's womb:)

Job 38
8 Who shut up the sea with doors, when it broke forth as issuing out of the womb:

Job 38
29 Out of whose womb came the ice; and the frost from heaven who hath gendered it?

Psalms 21
10 For thou art he that hast drawn me out of the womb: my hope from the breasts of my mother.

Psalms 21
11 I was cast upon thee from the womb. From my mother's womb thou art my God,

Psalms 57
4 The wicked are alienated from the womb; they have gone astray from the womb: they have spoken false things.

Psalms 70
6 By thee have I been confirmed from the womb: from my mother's womb thou art my protector. Of thee shall I continually sing:

Psalms 109
3 With thee is the principality in the day of thy strength: in the brightness of the saints: from the womb before the day star I begot thee.

Psalms 126
3 Behold the inheritance of the Lord are children: the reward, the fruit of the womb.

Psalms 131
11 The Lord hath sworn truth to David, and he will not make it void: of the fruit of thy womb I will set upon thy throne.

Psalms 138
13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast protected me from my mother's womb.

Proverbs 30
16 Hell, and the mouth of the womb, and the earth which is not satisfied with water: and the fire never saith: It is enough.

Proverbs 31
2 What, O my beloved, what, O the beloved of my womb, what, O the beloved of my vows?

Ecclesiastes 5
14 As he came forth naked from his mother's womb, so shall he return, and shall take nothing away with him of his labour.

Ecclesiastes 11
5 As thou knowest not what is the way of the spirit, nor how the bones are joined together in the womb of her that is with child: so thou knowest not the works of God, who is the maker of all.

Wisdom 7
1 I myself also am a mortal man, like all others, and of the race of him, that was first made of the earth, and in the womb of my mother I was fashioned to be flesh.

Ecclesiasticus 1
16 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and was created with the faithful in the womb, it walketh with chosen women, and is known with the just and faithful.

Ecclesiasticus 40
1 Great labour is created for all men, and a heavy yoke is upon the children of Adam, from the day of their coming out of their mother's womb, until the day of their burial into the mother of all.

Ecclesiasticus 49
9 For they treated him evil, who was consecrated a prophet from his mother's womb, to overthrow, and pluck up, and destroy, and to build again, and renew.

Ecclesiasticus 50
24 And now pray ye to the God of all, who hath done great things in all the earth, who hath increased our days from our mother's womb, and hath done with us according to his mercy.

Isaias 13
18 But with their arrows they shall kill the children, and shall have no pity upon the sucklings of the womb, and their eye shall not spare their sons.

Isaias 44
2 Thus saith the Lord that made and formed thee, thy helper from the womb: Fear not, O my servant Jacob, and thou most righteous whom I have chosen.

Isaias 44
24 Thus saith the Lord thy redeemer, and thy maker, from the womb: I am the Lord, that make all things, that alone stretch out the heavens, that establish the earth, and there is none with me.

Isaias 46
3 Hearken unto me, O house of Jacob, all the remnant of the house of Israel, who are carried by my bowels, are borne up by my womb.

Isaias 48
8 Thou hast neither heard, nor known, neither was thy ear opened of old. For I know that transgressing thou wilt transgress, and I have called thee a transgressor from the womb.

Isaias 49
1 Give ear, ye islands, and hearken, ye people from afar. The Lord hath called me from the womb, from the bowels of my mother he hath been mindful of my name.

Isaias 49
5 And now saith the Lord, that formed me from the womb to be his servant, that I may bring back Jacob unto him, and Israel will not be gathered together: and I am glorified in the eyes of the Lord, and my God is made my strength.

Isaias 49
15 Can a woman forget her infant, so as not to have pity on the son of her womb? and if she should forget, yet will not I forget thee.

Jeremias 1
5 Before I formed thee in the bowels of thy mother, I knew thee: and before thou camest forth out of the womb, I sanctified thee, and made thee a prophet unto the nations.

Jeremias 20
17 Who slew me not from the womb, that my mother might have been my grave, and her womb an everlasting conception.

Jeremias 20
18 Why came I out of the womb, to see labour and sorrow, and that my days should be spent in confusion?

Ezechiel 20
26 And I polluted them in their own gifts, when they offered all that opened the womb, for their offences: and they shall know that I am the Lord.

Osee 9
11 As for Ephraim, their glory hath flown away like a bird from the birth, and from the womb, and from the conception.

Osee 9
14 Give them, O Lord. What wilt thou give them? Give them a womb without children, and dry breasts.

Osee 9
16 Ephraim is struck, their root is dried up, they shall yield no fruit. And if they should have issue, I will slay the best beloved fruit of their womb.

Osee 12
3 In the womb he supplanted his brother: and by his strength he had success with an angel.

2 Machabees 7
22 She said to them: I know not how you were formed in my womb: for I neither gave you breath, nor soul, nor life, neither did I frame the limbs of every one of you.

2 Machabees 7
27 So bending herself towards him, mocking the cruel tyrant, she said in her own language: My son, have pity upon me, that bore thee nine months in my womb, and gave thee suck three years, and nourished thee, and brought thee up unto this age.

Matthew 19
12 For there are eunuchs, who were born so from their mother's womb: and there are eunuchs, who were made so by men: and there are eunuchs, who have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven. He that can take, let him take it.

Luke 1
15 For he shall be great before the Lord; and shall drink no wine nor strong drink: and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Luke 1
31 Behold thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and shalt bring forth a son; and thou shalt call his name Jesus.

Luke 1
41 And it came to pass, that when Elizabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the infant leaped in her womb. And Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

Luke 1
42 And she cried out with a loud voice, and said: Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.

Luke 1
44 For behold as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in my ears, the infant in my womb leaped for joy.

Luke 2
21 And after eight days were accomplished, that the child should be circumcised, his name was called JESUS, which was called by the angel, before he was conceived in the womb.

Luke 2
23 As it is written in the law of the Lord: Every male opening the womb shall be called holy to the Lord:

Luke 11
27 And it came to pass, as he spoke these things, a certain woman from the crowd, lifting up her voice, said to him: Blessed is the womb that bore thee, and the paps that gave thee suck.

John 3
4 Nicodemus saith to him: How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter a second time into his mother's womb, and be born again?

Acts Of Apostles 3
2 And a certain man who was lame from his mother's womb, was carried: whom they laid every day at the gate of the temple, which is called Beautiful, that he might ask alms of them that went into the temple.

Acts Of Apostles 14
7 And there sat a certain man at Lystra, impotent in his feet, a cripple from his mother's womb, who never had walked.

Romans 4
19 And he was not weak in faith; neither did he consider his own body now dead, whereas he was almost an hundred years old, nor the dead womb of Sara.

Galatians 1
15 But when it pleased him, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

No comments:

Post a Comment